Saturday, May 14, 2016

A Relaxing Shabbos . . . Shavua Tov!

Ready for Shabbat! 
On Shabbat we went on an overhang of Jerusalem and prayed there. It was a beautiful and special experience for me to do Kabbalat Shabbat in Jerusalem. On Shabbat morning we split up and half of us went to the Great Synagogue, an Orthodox shul that was very big, and the other half went to a smaller synagogue. I went to the Great Synagogue  - and had a great experience! I loved listening to the cantor's voice and experiencing Shabbat in Jerusalem. It was a special feeling to be with other Israelis as we were davening and chanting prayers. 

Ariana Berlin and her friend joined us for lunch and told us about their experiences.  Ariana went to KBA, and after high school, she made aliyah and joined Tzahal, serving as a lone soldier (which means a soldier without immediate family in Israel).
When we got back to the hotel, we went to a pool. There was a big water slide and outdoor pool and there was also a gigantic indoor pool with swimming lanes which I swam in. I love swimming and I was so happy to go in the pool on such a hot day. I had a great experience swimming in Israel. I loved hanging out with my friends at the pool and hearing people speak in Hebrew. I had a great day and I am looking toward to another great day tomorrow!
-Aaron 



Missy:
Today was a fun day. It was our first Shabbat together in Israel. We went to בית הכנסת הגדול and got to experience a Shabbat service. The girls sat at the top of the synagogue while the boys sat on the bottom. It was very interesting to compare our tunes at Kellman services to the tunes at the synagogue. The tunes were not very different from our school tunes. The synagogue was very big and beautiful. It was also interesting to see how the Orthodox synagogue was set up.

Later on, to end our day, we went to a light show. The light show had to do with the history of
Jerusalem. It was at The Tower of David Museum- Night and Day. The show plays a 3-dimensional video of the 4000 year old city. It was such a fun and pretty sight to see. The light show was very beautiful and fun to watch. It was a very different but fun experience. Overall, I'm glad we got to spend our first Shabbat together with Ezra in Israel.


Havdalah and a trip to the Migdal David Light Show 



No comments:

Post a Comment