Friday, May 13, 2016

A Raft to Remember


Rebecca
The really cool thing about Israel is that every day feels like a week--and I do not even mind because it feels like I could stay here forever. 

Today, we went rafting in the Jordan River, which was quite the experience. I was in a boat with Sophie, Becca, Reena, and Chani. The river started out very calmly. I was helping to row the boat, when suddenly we bumped into a tree, and I fell backwards into the water! I came out unscathed and perfectly happy, but my water shoe, unfortunately did not make it. (Sorry, Mom!) All I can say is that it is in a better place now... That did not put a damper on the day one bit.  In fact, I became rather good at hopping. Rafting as a whole was so fun for so many reasons. I became so close with everyone in my boat and everyone else from KBA and Ezra. We kept splashing each other and going into each other's boats. The river and the area around it was also really pretty (I would use a better word, but honestly the beauty of Israel is so indescribable, you just have to come to Israel), just like the rest of this incredible country.

It was really interesting and fun seeing actual Israelis celebrating Yom Haatzmaut. I never hesitated to shout "Shalom" to any of them, much to the dismay of my friends, but I do not care because when else will I get the opportunity to be a really creepy tourist? ;)

For lunch, we had pizza. The pizza was really cool because aside from the usual toppings like mushrooms, olives, and whatnot; there were toppings unique to Israel such as tuna and corn, which I had never seen before. All of the pizza was absolutely delicious.  I

I cannot wait to experience even more of Israel, because I have been having the time of my life!








Jacob:
After rafting, we went on a water hike. We were walking on a trail that was covered in a few feet water, which flows into the Kineret. It was really fun when we were all splashing each other.  Later, our whole group played a fun game in the water.
After that we had a 3 hour bus ride to Jerusalem. It was really cool to see the beautiful views of Israel from the bus. We later arrived in Jerusalem and went to an overlook of the city at Hebrew University. The view of Jerusalem from there was amazing. After that we checked into our hotel.  We will be staying there until Sunday. The last thing we did today was an evening activity as a group. We spent the time learning more about each other and bonding.
Jerusalem is my favorite city in Israel and I have been really excited to go there, so I feel so great that we are finally here.

Overlooking Jerusalem 




No comments:

Post a Comment